Cultivating Our Childrens' God-Given Desire to Learn
St. Timothy‘s curriculum follows the Trivium’s essential tools of learning.
The first two, Grammar and Logic, are the focus, as we are an SK to Grade 8 school, although the development of Rhetorical skills begins even in the early grades. We desire in our curriculum to give our students a framework of knowledge and a rich wide use of language to express themselves. We wish to help them to understand the history of the world and the natural world around them through the many excellent programs, teaching techniques and literature that are used in the classroom every day.
Our goal is to graduate students who:
- are delighted by words and who are well-read
- are competent in the grammar of writing, so that they can be clear and persuasive
- are well-grounded in mathematical computation, problem-solving and logic
- are informed about the physical world and stand in wonder and awe of God’s creation
- are educated about the events of history and are historically minded, trained to think about causes and consequences
- are inspired by beauty in music and art
- and have the word of God written on their hearts